Senior Environmental Scientist-HAZ, Mississauga
ECOH is a highly respected Canadian company specializing in Hazardous Materials, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management. ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of both team and individual growth and achievement, embracing entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership Team manages our business through guiding values of integrity, commitment, creativity, and success.
ECOH has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Environmental Scientist / Technologist to join our growing Hazardous Materials and OHS teams in Mississauga. You will enjoy a combination of field and office duties as well as oversee, mentor, and train the junior Environmental Scientists within the Hazardous Materials and OHS teams.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Performing field site investigations and collecting, inputting, analyzing, and organizing data, and report preparation.
- Entering, working in, and exiting hazardous environments, including asbestos removal and other hazardous materials abatement.
- Performing field monitoring duties, interacting with third party and regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with contract, federal, provincial, and municipal statutes, and guidelines.
- Preparing written reports of findings, summarizing, collating, and interpreting the result of field investigations and analytical data.
- Guiding and mentoring junior Environmental Scientists, providing consistent and meaningful constructive feedback.
- Training Scientists in the field (sampling, data collection/field notes, process, guidelines, equipment maintenance, lab activities, reporting, etc.).
- Providing quality control by reviewing the work of others and assisting with correcting errors.
- Acting as a professional representative of ECOH’s while onsite.
- Building business relationships with prospective clients.
- Ensuring the well-being and safety of workers and building occupants relative to work for which ECOH is responsible.
Here are the job requirements:
- A University degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Earth Sciences, Geology or Geological Sciences is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years of technical and industry experience preferred.
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment, including (if required) respiratory protection, specialized clothing, work boots, hard hats hearing protection, fall arrest, etc.
- Ability to lift boxes, equipment and/or coolers not exceeding 20kg.
- Ability to organize activities and accomplish tasks in assigned time frames.
- Detailed oriented with respect to data collection and recording skills.
- Ability to work effectively with project managers, clients, and fellow staff, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to travel out of the city or province for extended periods (i.e., several days to weeks at a time).
- Must demonstrate strong initiative and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work alone and/or in remote locations as required.
- Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance must be maintained at all times.
- General to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Adobe, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
For more information on ECOH and its Services please visit ecoh.ca
You may submit your resume to email@example.com and include the name of the position in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH.
Mississauga Office: 75 Courtneypark Drive West,
Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
Ottawa Office: 666 Kirkwood Avenue,
Unit 100, Ottawa, ON K1Z 5X9