Senior Environmental Scientist-ENV, Mississauga
ECOH is a highly respected Canadian company specializing in Hazardous Materials, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental Management. ECOH’s culture fosters an environment of both team and individual growth and achievement, embracing entrepreneurial spirit, client focus, accountability, respect, passion, commitment, and appreciation. ECOH’s unique culture has been essential to staff retention and the growth of the company. ECOH’s Leadership Team manages our business through guiding values of integrity, commitment, creativity, and success.
ECOH is currently looking for a Senior Environmental Scientist to join our growing Environmental Team, Mississauga. We are seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual capable of working independently with a keen interest in environmental site assessment to join our team and advance their career. As a key member of the team, the successful candidate will be involved in a broad range of responsibilities relating to (but not limited to) Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase II ESAs, indoor air assessment programs, remediation programs, and potable water sampling programs.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Perform Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments to support both due diligence (CSA) and regulatory (Records of Site Conditions, under Ontario Regulation 153/04) ESA programs.
- Execute ESA field programs with a focus on:
- Site reconnaissance;
- Borehole drilling and monitoring well installation supervision;
- Soil characterization and sampling;
- Groundwater monitoring and sampling;
- Monitoring well elevation surveying;
- Indoor air/ soil vapour / sub-slab vapour sampling.
- Monitor underground storage tank removal programs.
- Conduct potable water sampling.
- Assist project managers with subcontractor engagement and scheduling.
- Oversee environmental remediation activities and liaise with site representatives and contractors.
- Prepare technical reports, inclusive of data reduction and interpretation to applicable standards, guidelines and criteria, preparing borehole logs and site plans, and establishing conclusions and recommendations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relationships.
- Mentor and train junior environmental scientists.
- Actively participate and champion ECOH’s health & Safety Program and serve as a positive role model to your colleagues.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
Here are the Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Geoscience or Engineering and/or Diploma in Environmental Science.
- 3-5 years of related working experience conducting field programs for environmental site assessment and/or remediation projects.
- Prior field experience with soil and/or groundwater sampling and working with subcontractors including drilling contractors and remediation contractors.
- Excellent writing, editing, technical and organizational skills along with the ability to problem solve.
- Working knowledge of Ontario Regulation 153/04
- Must already have or be eligible to obtain federal security clearance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Show initiative in integrating creativity and innovation in all work tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Availability to travel for work when required.
- Availability to work outside core business hours.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance & personal vehicle is required (work related travel expenses will be compensated)
- Eligible for professional certification (P. Eng or P. Geo.) considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of O.Reg 406/19 considered an asset.
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
ECOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
For more information on ECOH and its Services please visit ecoh.ca
You may submit your resume to email@example.com and include the name of the position in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in joining ECOH.
Mississauga Office: 75 Courtneypark Drive West,
Unit #1, Mississauga, ON L5W 0E3
Ottawa Office: 666 Kirkwood Avenue,
Unit 100, Ottawa, ON K1Z 5X9